Well, I know it’s been a long time since we have blogged. Last night we had excitement! Our area in the city lost power and our generator came on after about 30 seconds of darkness. We were thrilled. It, actually, works!
About three hours later… our carbon monoxide smoke detectors started going off. Turns out they work too! They started chirping and announcing… Alert! Carbon Monoxide! Dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide!
Turns out that our generator was running outside an open basement window.
It must’ve taken about three hours for enough carbon monoxide to fill the house for those fabulous detectors to go off on all four floors.
At that point it was a few minutes before midnight. We put on our bathrobes, put vests and leashes on the puppies, and headed downstairs and outdoors to our front porch. It took a little over an hour for the carbon monoxide to clear. Once cleared, the detectors stopped chirping.
So, it was a little after one in the morning when we finally returned to our comfortable bed. It was almost two before power was restored.
We are so grateful that we installed smoke and “carbon monoxide” detectors… Otherwise… you may have read a very sad story about two old people and their puppies…